I spent most of my adult life wondering exactly what my purpose is for this world. Why was I created? What will it take for me to have that deep sense of fulfillment? How do I know that I matter? What difference am I making? Then, in December 2009, I caught a clue. And it was then that I also realized that I have always had just that: a clue. You see, I have always been pushed and prodded in the direction of my purpose, but I just didn’t realize it. You see, my purpose is in Christian Lifestyle Coaching, with an emphasis on “Wife Coaching.” Here were my clues: I have always been interested in psychology and interpersonal communication (Bachelor’s degree), and Human Development and Family Studies (post-graduate work), but never “practiced” any of this. I wanted to do something a tad bit different.
I later met someone who challenged and encouraged me to deepen my relationship with my Father God. I’ve been saved since I was 12 years old, and had experienced many things in my Christian walk, but still was largely unaware of who God (The Trinity) really was in my life; my relationship with God wasn’t exactly “personal.”
Fast forward quite a few years, and I got married—for the second time. THIS TIME I prayed for God’s will. THIS TIME I prayed for God’s direction and the ability to see it. I probably should have prayed that my marriage be easy, but I didn’t. I guess I assumed that it would be…NOT!
So, in December 2009, I had my great epiphany—life coaching. The next year I became a certified life coach and at the same time, came to fully realize my purpose: Christian Lifestyle Coaching with an emphasis on Wifestyle Coaching (although I didn’t call it that at the time).
My marriage has provided the classroom for many of my lessons, pop quizzes, and final exams. My Father, the very best teacher of all has begun a great work in me, and my purpose is to share it with and to help anyone who needs it. I want to see women re-discover their greatness and place with their men, family, community, and world. I want to see marriages saved and families strong. I want to see us grow from a place of ignorance and defeat to a place of wisdom and victory. It can happen. This is our true destiny: to realize who we are in the Lord and live out our purpose in Him. I bless all who are brave enough to walk this journey with me, and appreciate the opportunity to help light your way.
My Favorites (just a bit of “Joy Trivia”):
1. TV Show: Criminal Minds
2. Season: Late Spring
3. Movie: Their Eyes Were Watching God
4. Car: BMW
5. Store: Victoria’s Secret
6. Animal: Panther; Rottweiler
7. Food: Japanese; Seafood
8. Article of Clothing: Jeans
9. University: UNC-Chapel Hill
10. Sport to Watch: Basketball
11. Colors: Indigo and Aubergine
12. Songs: Get Up by Mary Mary; You Are by Charlie Wilson; Love Is Still Enough by Sovory
13. Pastimes: Hanging Out With Family & Friends; Reading; Dysphagia Evaluations and Treatments; Blogging
14. Books: The Holy Bible (NLT); Release Your Brilliance by Simon T. Bailey; Commanding Your Morning by Cindy Trimm; Transforming the Inner Man by John Loren and Paula Sandford
15. Style: Conservative Bohemian Chic
16 Places to visit: Japan; Caribbean Islands
17. Place I’ve never been: St. Thomas, USVI
18. Sport to Play: Racquetball