THIS year was going to be different, right? THIS year you were going to be “better, stronger, faster; able to leap tall buildings in a single bound,” right? Well, I don’t know about that, but here are 9 simple ways you can still be good to yourself and show yourself love for the remainder of the year:
1. Create a tranquil space at home. Pick a place: a space in the living room, den, sunroom, bathroom, wherever. Clean it; unclutter it so that energy can flow freely. Add a plant (for life), a candle for the scent; add a waterfall, nature sounds, or spa music for serenity. Paint this area a calming color if needed. Make this space your own.
2. Layer your quiet time with bits of serenity. For example, if you have a minute to just relax on the sofa, cut off the TV. Turn down the ringer on the phone. Enjoy a cup of herbal tea and burn a candle. Lay back, close your eyes, and just BE.
3. Treat yourself to a do-it-yourself spa foot soak. Get a large plastic dishpan or sit on the edge of the tub and place your feet in warm water. Add foot salts to the water to deodorize them while soaking them. Soak for 5 minutes. Then, exfoliate each foot with a good foot scrub. Gently massage the scrub into each foot for 5 minutes. Rinse the scrub off, dry your feet and apply a stimulating and moisturizing foot cream. Finally spray lightly with a deodorizing and uplifting foot spray. Your feet will feel fantastic!
4. Enjoy a healthy breakfast at sunrise. Dine from the “good” dishes, drink from the wine or champagne glasses. Treat yourself! Date yourself! Add fresh flowers for a cheerful touch.
5. Go swinging on a swing. Bring the little girl in you out! Remember how much fun it used to be? Get that free-spirited feeling again!
6. Have 3-5 friends over for a “Celebrate Friends” night (or day). Celebrate your friends. Celebrate YOU. Keep it simple. Serve wine or tea, cheese, and fresh fruit. Lounge on the sofa or sit on pillows on the floor. Play games. Watch movies. Dance to some old school music. Discuss a good book. Polish your fingernails and toenails. Maybe even consider having a consultant come to pamper you and your friends. It’s your time. Don’t “wait to exhale!” Celebrate anyway you wish!
7. Go for a long walk in a safe environment you don’t usually stroll in. Consider taking a walk at the Botanical Gardens or the Zoo, for instance. A change of scenery will leave you feeling refreshed. Marvel at all that God has created. Realize how magnificient He is and how you fit into His world.
8. Eliminate one unhealthy food or drink and add a good food or drink. For example, if you drink soda every day, consider cutting back to once a week and adding more water in its place. You may lose weight, make your teeth and gums healthier, and flush your system which may help to increase your energy, release toxins, clear your skin, and improve elimination. Hallelujah!
9. Upgrade your undergarments! Toss the ratty, torn underwear and replace will bright new colorful and sexy panties and bras. You will feel like the special woman that you are!
Try at least one of these today to show yourself love. Practice self-love regularly to boost your self-esteem and energy and to experience more joy in your life. If you haven’t signed up yet to receive my free e-book, The 21st Century Virtuous Woman: Lessons For Becoming The Woman You Were Meant To Be, go ahead and sign up so that you can read Chapter 9 on Dating Yourself and self-love and pampering.
UPDATE 11/23/14–The above mentioned book was renamed Grown & Virtuous: 28 Simple Lessons To Unveil the Spiritual Diva In You.