I have learned the number one reason why relationships fail. Are you ready for this? When you learn what it is, will you be ready and willing to fix this in your own relationship? The concept is simple, but the work may be challenging. Check this out:
So, what can you do? Here are 12 things you can try in order to be more “mate-serving”:
1. Contact your mate during the day to ask how they are doing, to “touch base”, or just to say “hi.”
2. After a long day at work, offer to give your mate a massage, temple rub, or foot rub.
3. Anticipate a need that your mate may have and fulfill it. For example, if your mate takes lunch to work, pack it for him/her before he/she has a chance to pack it.
4. Have a date night once a week. At least every other week, let your mate pick the activity of the night.
5. During sex, let your mate select a position.
6. Surprise your mate with something he/she likes.
7. LISTEN to what your mate has to say WITHOUT passing judgment or interjecting your own thoughts. Listen without your own agenda. Make it all about him/her.
8. Support him/her in the way that HE/SHE needs it. If he needs you to back up off him and let him solve his own problems, then ladies, that’s what you do. If she needs you to cover her car note this month, then fellas, that’s what you do.
9. Love his/her children and treat them as your own.
10. Help him/her care for his/her parents.
11. Sacrifice something you want to give him/her something he/she needs.
12. Find a reason to laugh with your mate. Treat your mate to a comedy movie or show. Show him/her a good laugh.
To more successful relationships,